Buying and Saving

If you apply some of the techniques I use here to your own life, when buying the things you need and want, you will save money, as I have, maybe in the hundreds or thousands!
Come back to this blog frequently, as I intend to add new things when I can, and if you want, please send your own techniques in as comments, and if I like them, I will publish them and give the sender credit on this blog. I would also like to know if any of the tips you received here saved you money, or made your life easier.



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What to watch for in a car lease

Some years ago, we leased an SUV on a thirty month term, when we lived in California. It was our first lease, and we didn't think ahead. In California, you are charged a percentage of your car's value when you register your car, or renew your registration. That covers you for one year. That one year starts on the purchase date. The lease on the car was up after thirty months, or at the half-year point. There are no refunds on the registration. We had to also buy a full registration on the replacement automobile.

Moral to the story: Be aware that you may wind up paying for two registrations in the same year, if your lease isn't in full year increments. It is not so bad in our present home state of Washington. I believe the registration in Washington for a passenger car is something like $30-$40. In California, and some other states, it can get quite pricey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home